Photoshop Rules

On my trip to Poland, I kept playing around with the panorama feature on my digital camera. When you are in another country, the landscape is so drastically different than your own, you want to record it as best as possible. Panorama pictures are a pretty good way of doing that ... IMHO. Anyway, when I got home, I didn't know what I was going to do with all of these pictures. By chance I stumbled upon the "Photomerge" feature in photoshop. Basically it takes your digital photos that are part of a panorama sequence and it lines them up for you. You have to crop some of the jagged edges but all in all it is very impressive. Here is a small version of the first picture that I merged. This was taken in Jastarnia, Poland

. A small town on a narrow strip of land that juts out into the Baltic sea.


check out the panorama:



The picture was taken on the calm water side of the strip of land.



This took about 10 seconds to generate in photoshop. It was made from 10 pictures that I took from my Canon S500 digital camera at 5.0 megapixels. Obviously, I shrunk the picture down so that it wouldn't be too outrageously large. I think Photoshop did a great job of matching the picture up. I'll see if I can't post some more of my panoramas here.

Comments

Melissa said…
Sawheet! That is awesome. You've been a busy beaver. Dave and I are duly impressed.